Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pastel 15 - Critter Ridin'

I don't know what this pet is.  This was started after midnight Saturday, and finished Sunday morning.


I'm not correcting the overlaps or "sense" of these - "letting go" is the point.  I am trying to relearn to draw like a child.  Picasso said, "It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."  I've not learned to paint like Raphael - I would rather paint like a child.  Years ago my high school art teacher (Bob Rankin - well known artist in Raleigh, NC) looked at some of my rendered, realistic drawings (more like Raphael) and then showed me several books of Hundertwasser works and told me he thought I would have a lot more fun pursuing the latter...  He was right.

Pastel, ball point and Sharpie on kraft paper.  18 x 24 inches.

No comments: