Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pastel 104 - Birds?


This was very satisfying to draw, but I have no idea why.  Sort of an ape bird - the rings on the fingers are the point, somehow.  I love it when I don't understand yet I know just what to do.

And if you haven't seen the paintings in our Kickstarter, I hope you will go look.  I would love to know what you think and we would be grateful for your support.  You can also help by passing it on to anyone you know who might be interested, and asking your friends to also pass it on...  Many hands make light work.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1213017766/in-the-tree-top-childrens-book

1 comment:

L'Adelaide said...

good eve, Steve,
I am just back online and appreciated your comment on my barn painting... Yes, another tho this one is much softer and less busy with herds of all known farm animals! Not ONE sheep!!

I'm loving all these drawings you've done and saw your video today thru kickstarter about how you begin your mark-making. Amazing to say the least. Our processes are so very different and yet perhaps, they are very similar. Only instead of line I use color. You mentioned Red Landscape in that "barn post" comment and I discovered I have one print of that painting. We were in process of working on another when I found the print. I had made a few when someone requested it, an oldtimer I couldn't resist as it jogged so many memories for him!

Perhaps we can trade if you are still interested in doing that (alas it is not the original...) but if not, as I see how busy you are right now with the coming SUCCESS of The Book, the print is yours if you like. :)